Post your question or open a new issue on GitHub.
There's currently no way to send certain key combinations to the
assisted computer (e.g.,
- Ideally, the computers of the assistant and the assisted use both the same input language. Using different keyboard layouts can lead to problems, especially when entering special characters. The keyboard layout in use can be seen in the title bar of the respective application.
Dayon! Home Directory
is created within the default home directory of the logged-in user or
within the directory referenced by the JAVA property
and contains the saved user preferences and default log file(s).
On the assisted side, the screen is divided into different areas called tiles . Only tiles that have changed from the previous capture are sent over the network to the assistant side. To determine if a tile is different I'm currently computing a CRC code (i.e., a unique integer value representing the pixels of the tile) that is not perfect for the sake of speed. So it might happen that some changed tiles are not sent to the assistant.
Until now I've detected that issue during strong testing for very few
pixels. Visually, I've not noticed anything serious. But in case
things are going mad you can then restart the assisted or before try
reset action (trash bin icon)
that should clear every cached data and resend a full screen capture
The status bar of the assistant frame is displaying a set of counters.
- Network Bandwidth
- Compression Ratio: how many times the initial capture (diff only) has been compressed
- Number of Tiles: the number of tile being transmitted over the network as well as the cache hits.
- Number of Skipped Capture: the number of screen captures that have been skipped because of a too high rate (i.e., low tick value) for the CPU. To minimize that number you have to slow down the capture rate using a bigger tick value.
- Number of Merged Capture: the number of screen captures that have been merged before being transmitted. This is due to a capture rate too high for the current compression method. To minimize that number you have to slow down the capture rate and/or change the compression method using a faster one.
- Memory usage
- Duration of the active or the last support session